Press Release Details
Call of Duty: Warzone Transforms To 1984
Call of Duty: Warzone Experiences Biggest Update Yet as Season Three of Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Kicks-Off Most Ambitious Free Content Offering in Call of Duty History
Warzone Crosses 100 Million Players, Call of Duty Franchise Premium Game Sales Surpass 400 Million Units Life to Date
SANTA MONICA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Apr. 22, 2021– Call of Duty®: Warzone™ and Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Season Three launches today with the most ambitious free content offering in Call of Duty® history. Season Three marks a huge celebration for Call of Duty: Warzone™, which has crossed 100 million players since its launch last year. The free-to-play, free-for-everyone battle royale experience that fans know and love, receives its biggest transformation yet, traveling back to 1984 and the Cold War.
The new Warzone features massive changes, including new and reimagined locations, new gameplay options and deep optimizations across the entire map as nearly every building, surface and object has been touched to provide a more seamless gameplay experience. Across Black Ops Cold War, throughout Season Three players will experience new multiplayer maps and modes, the next chapter of Call of Duty Zombies in Outbreak and a host of new gear to use in the battles ahead. This is just the beginning with more content, events and surprises to come this season and beyond.
“The launch of Warzone has reinvented Call of Duty. In just over a year, more than 100 million players around the world have jumped in to play Warzone together, and starting today we’re taking it to a new level,” said Rob Kostich, President, Activision. “Season Three brings a massive amount of content and new updates – the most since launch – to Warzone as it transforms to 1984, while we’re also bringing a tremendous amount of new, free content to Black Ops Cold War. Thank you to our fans everywhere, today is a celebration for our community. There’s so much more coming this season and beyond, get ready.”
The massive Season Three community celebration taking place today is the culmination of weeks of events inside Warzone that led to waves of Zombies overtaking Verdansk, its eventual nuclear detonation and ultimate transformation – and Call of Duty players were there for every part of it.
- For weeks, players have fought-off Zombies throughout Warzone, while tracking their progress via Containment Protocols and Corruption Zones.
- Yesterday, as the Zombies horde reached its tipping point, millions of players experienced an event in-game that triggered a nuclear blast decimating the entire Warzone map, as Verdansk went dark.
- In its aftermath, Warzone players were transported to Rebirth Island, where a series of mysterious in-game clues and hidden messages helped players unlock the remaining secrets of the event and understand what really happened to Warzone, ultimately transporting everyone to Verdansk in the year 1984, and the highly anticipated launch of Season Three.
- As the new Warzone experience officially launches today, the community celebration continues as players head online to play all the new Season Three content, including the new-look Verdansk 1984 Warzone map and a host of new Multiplayer and Zombies content across Black Ops Cold War.
- Fans can follow the latest intel @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, or visit www.callofduty.com. Viewers can also head to Twitch.tv/callofduty for live action, including the Atlanta FaZe $100,000 Gold Rush Tournament.
Fans of all walks of life embody the “Let’s Go!” spirit when they squad up to play Call of Duty together. To celebrate the launch of Season Three, a number of Warzone super fans across the worlds of hip-hop, gaming, and professional sports, including AJ Tracey, Dennis Schroder, Druski, Gunna, Jack Grealish, Jack Harlow, Michelle Viscusi, Mookie Betts, Nadeshot owner of CDL Team LA Thieves, Rocky No Hands, Saweetie, Swae Lee and Young Thug have come together with famed music video director Gibson Hazard in a new campaign called “Squad up the World” that captures the #Let’s Go! thrill we all experience when playing Call of Duty together (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPEDbmP-Lx4).
Call of Duty: Warzone is integrated with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®. Call of Duty and its titles are published by Activision, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), and developed by studios (in alphabetical order) Activision Shanghai, Beenox, Demonware, High Moon Studios, Infinity Ward, Raven Software, Treyarch and Sledgehammer Games.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world and is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), an S&P 500 company. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com or by following @Activision.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future, including statements about the expected availability, features, and content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, including about Season Three, are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include unanticipated product delays and other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
© 2021 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS, CALL OF DUTY WARZONE, MODERN WARFARE, and WARZONE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
Senior Manager, Public Relations
Source: Activision Publishing, Inc.
Battlefield 2024 has already attracted millions of players after its full release on November 19, but the multiplayer-only Battlefield title has also received a large number of negative reviews on Steam, currently sporting a “mostly negative” review score on the platform. Fans have expressed disappointment with a buggy launch and lack of legacy features, but…
Anyone having a problem getting a new graphics card, car, household appliance, or any other modern piece of tech won’t have much better luck any time soon. Speaking to Yahoo Finance, CEO Jensen Huang signaled that he expects the chip shortage to last well through 2022.”I think that through the next year,” Huang said, “demand…
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site. Amazon’s Black Friday sale is live now with thousands of deals across a bunch of different departments, including gaming, tech, and entertainment. Amazon’s usual approach to sales events like…
Seamus Blackley, the father of the Xbox who is now better known for baking ancient bread, has shared a message ahead of the 20th anniversary of Xbox.Posting on Twitter, Blackley said said the team who helped design and release the Xbox only are owed about 40% of the credit for the success of the console.…
Welcome to Next Week on Xbox! Here we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows PC as well as upcoming Xbox Game Pass and soon-to-be released [email protected] games! Get more details on these games below and click their profiles for pre-order details when available (release dates are…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- FRONT PAGE: Magnus Medical Launches With Breakthrough Device Designation For Rapid, Individualized Treatment Of Major Depression And $25M In Series A Financing
- Food Safety: Cubano sandwiches with Clostridium perfringens discovered in Alaska examination
- Health: You Star Travis Van Winkle Shows Off His Body Transformation Ahead of Season 3
- BUSINESS: NWEA, Center For Education Policy Research At Harvard University, And CALDER At The American Institutes For Research Announce New Initiative To Help Examine District COVID-19 Recovery Efforts
- AFRICA NEWS: Zimbabwe: President to Commission Amarula Processing Plant
- SCIENCE NEWS: Researchers discover new insights about tau proteins in people living with ALS
- Pokemon Unite All Rounder Guide: Moves Lists, Stats And Strategies For All All-Rounder Type Pokemon
- TECH NEWS: Kill Wi-Fi dead spots with this TP-Link mesh router 3-pack for $110
- Front Page: Macron And Modi Vow To 'act Jointly' After Subs Dispute
- SOCIAL MEDIA: 2021 Founder’s Letter