Some games stop you in your tracks the moment you first see them. Titles such as Sable, Solar Ash, and Cris Tales have such unique visual styles, but none more so than Tunic. Solo developer Andrew Shouldice has set out to create a memorable ode to the 2D Zelda titles of the past, but that’s far from painting a full picture of this gorgeous new action title.
As part of the ID@Xbox Demo Event for this year, the house of Master Chief has rolled out a ton of new playable experiences featuring some of the most exciting indies coming out in 2021 and beyond. As part of that, Marcus Stewart, Ben Reeves, and Alex Stadnik got to check out Tunic and are sharing their thoughts with the lovely GI community.
One of the most striking aspects right off the bat is the game’s deceptive difficulty. Booting up the demo, it becomes clear right away that players won’t be able to just spam the attack button and remain alive. Gamers will have to block, roll, and pick their attacks carefully especially when the enemies get larger and more numerous. It almost feels like a Dark Souls game in not only its deliberate combat (though, not quite as punishing) but in its checkpoint system, the way death is handled, and its mysterious world-building. If you’re curious how that looks in action, we show off all that and more in this fun episode of New Gameplay Today!
We unfortunately still don’t have a release date for Tunic, but we do know Andrew Shouldice’s exciting new indie title is coming soon to Xbox (Game Pass as well), and PC!
For more indie goodness, keep it locked to Game Informer! We have plenty of coverage from the smallest games making the biggest impact, including a New Gameplay Today on Sable, an update on Hades coming to new consoles, and a first look at Somerville, the latest game from the co-founder of Playdead!
Battlefield 2024 has already attracted millions of players after its full release on November 19, but the multiplayer-only Battlefield title has also received a large number of negative reviews on Steam, currently sporting a “mostly negative” review score on the platform. Fans have expressed disappointment with a buggy launch and lack of legacy features, but…
Seamus Blackley, the father of the Xbox who is now better known for baking ancient bread, has shared a message ahead of the 20th anniversary of Xbox.Posting on Twitter, Blackley said said the team who helped design and release the Xbox only are owed about 40% of the credit for the success of the console.…
Anyone having a problem getting a new graphics card, car, household appliance, or any other modern piece of tech won’t have much better luck any time soon. Speaking to Yahoo Finance, CEO Jensen Huang signaled that he expects the chip shortage to last well through 2022.”I think that through the next year,” Huang said, “demand…
SummaryPre-load early so you’re ready to play right when Call of Duty: Vanguard launches on November 5.Prepare to deploy in a globetrotting Campaign, experience signature Call of Duty combat in Multiplayer, and face the undead horde in Zombies.Get news on Shipment coming in November, plus a look at Season One and Caldera, the Call of…
Welcome to Next Week on Xbox! Here we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows PC as well as upcoming Xbox Game Pass and soon-to-be released [email protected] games! Get more details on these games below and click their profiles for pre-order details when available (release dates are…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- Abuse Survivor Jordan Turpin On How Justin Bieber Inspired Her To Escape Her 'house Of Horror' – Yahoo Entertainment
- TECH NEWS: ‘Creativity needs energy’: Why a TBWANEBOKO exec believes a return to the office will save agency culture
- Paris to Berlin in an hour by train? Here’s how it could happen.
- CANADA NEWS: Tyler Joe Miller, Canada’s next big country singer is the winner of SiriusXM’s Top of the Country award and $25,000
- BUSINESS: Creative Writing Experts Listed Among The Top 8 Creative Writing Businesses in Coastal Highway Lewes (Delaware)
- BUSINESS: Telaleaf Health Inc. Announces Partnership With Franjo Grotenhermen, M.D. To Deliver Expert-Led Virtual Medical Cannabis Care Across Germany
- Sports: Veteran MMA fighter Kyle Reyes dead at 30; Xtreme Couture and beyond mourns
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Introducing Meta: A Social Technology Company
- Kasual, a Craigslist Personals Alternative App offers enhanced safety features for casual dating
- BUSINESS: First Watch Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering