Following the recent reveal of Battlefield 2042, players apparently flocked to Battlefield 4 across all platforms, leading publisher Electronic Arts to increase the eight-year-old game’s server capacity to accommodate traffic.
Most of the traffic seems to be coming from the United States’ western region. And while the sharp increase in player count coincides with Battlefield 2042‘s reveal, the spike on PC specifically can also be associated to Battlefield 4‘s free giveaway via Prime Gaming. Nevertheless, Battlefield 2042‘s E3 trailer turned out to be one of the most popular videos from the event, landing among the top ten most watched YouTube game videos for the month of June.
A notice from EA regarding Battlefield 4‘s server capacity reads:
We were absolutely blown away by your excitement and reactions to the recent Battlefield 2042 reveal.
Since then, many of you have jumped back into Battlefield 4 to already get a taste of the return to all-out-warfare. We’ve been monitoring your experience and noticed queue times in the US West region were far longer than in other regions. Good news, we’ve increased server capacity for this region – you can expect less waiting, and more playing.
We’ll continue monitoring queue times and will make further adjustments as necessary.
Battlefield 2042 will release on October 22 for current-gen and last-gen platforms. It’ll come without a traditional single-player campaign. An official overview is as follows:
Battlefield 2042 is a first-person shooter that marks the return to the iconic all-out warfare of the franchise. In a near-future world transformed by disorder, adapt, and overcome dynamically-changing battlegrounds with the help of your squad and a cutting-edge arsenal. With support for 128 players, Battlefield 2042 brings unprecedented scale on vast battlegrounds across the globe. Players will take on several massive experiences, from updated multiplayer modes like Conquest and Breakthrough to the all-new Hazard Zone.
Battlefield 2024 has already attracted millions of players after its full release on November 19, but the multiplayer-only Battlefield title has also received a large number of negative reviews on Steam, currently sporting a “mostly negative” review score on the platform. Fans have expressed disappointment with a buggy launch and lack of legacy features, but…
SummaryPre-load early so you’re ready to play right when Call of Duty: Vanguard launches on November 5.Prepare to deploy in a globetrotting Campaign, experience signature Call of Duty combat in Multiplayer, and face the undead horde in Zombies.Get news on Shipment coming in November, plus a look at Season One and Caldera, the Call of…
Anyone having a problem getting a new graphics card, car, household appliance, or any other modern piece of tech won’t have much better luck any time soon. Speaking to Yahoo Finance, CEO Jensen Huang signaled that he expects the chip shortage to last well through 2022.”I think that through the next year,” Huang said, “demand…
Seamus Blackley, the father of the Xbox who is now better known for baking ancient bread, has shared a message ahead of the 20th anniversary of Xbox.Posting on Twitter, Blackley said said the team who helped design and release the Xbox only are owed about 40% of the credit for the success of the console.…
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site. Amazon’s Black Friday sale is live now with thousands of deals across a bunch of different departments, including gaming, tech, and entertainment. Amazon’s usual approach to sales events like…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- Health: You Star Travis Van Winkle Shows Off His Body Transformation Ahead of Season 3
- BUSINESS: NWEA, Center For Education Policy Research At Harvard University, And CALDER At The American Institutes For Research Announce New Initiative To Help Examine District COVID-19 Recovery Efforts
- RECIPE: How To Use Leftover Pumpkin Puree
- SCIENCE NEWS: Researchers discover new insights about tau proteins in people living with ALS
- FRONT PAGE: Magnus Medical Launches With Breakthrough Device Designation For Rapid, Individualized Treatment Of Major Depression And $25M In Series A Financing
- Front Page: Macron And Modi Vow To 'act Jointly' After Subs Dispute
- Food Safety: Cubano sandwiches with Clostridium perfringens discovered in Alaska examination
- RUSSIA NEWS: Russia imposes hospitality curfew to tackle spread of Covid
- ASIA NEWS: Major Arena Soccer League and SCCG Management Partner on Sports Betting for the MASL
- SOCIAL MEDIA: 2021 Founder’s Letter