DUBLIN, June 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The "Polyurethane Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product (Flexible Foam, Rigid Foam), by End Use (Construction, Electronics & Appliances), by Region (APAC, North America), and Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global polyurethane market size is expected to reach USD 94.59 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 3.8% over the forecast period.
Increasing demand for lightweight and high-performance composites from the automotive industry is driving the growth of the market. Polyurethane (PU) is widely used in automotive applications, such as seating, instrument panels, exterior panels, engine encapsulation, and cables & wires, as an alternative to metals. The utilization of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) in auto components can drastically decrease the overall weight of automobiles, which, in turn, limits fuel consumption.
Growing Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) has forced automobile manufacturers to seek innovative ways to limit fuel consumption. The low weight of vehicles is a crucial factor in these regulations due to the inherent correlation between mass and fuel consumption. Also, the reduction in mass at unhinged points facilitates reduction in noise & vibration and smoothens the ride. Auto manufacturers, for enhancing the performance of automobiles and following the trend of lightweight vehicles, are mainly focusing on auto components, which are manufactured from various types of plastics.
For improving fuel efficiency in vehicles, manufacturers have shifted toward using plastics in automotive components, such as instrument panels, exterior panels, automotive interiors, and engine cabins. This trend, coupled with growing automotive production, is expected to further drive the demand for polyurethanes in automotive applications, such as exterior body panels, engine encapsulation, and interior panels.
However, the Covid-19 outbreak has immensely affected the production of automobiles and disrupted the value chain of the automotive industry. Slowdown or halt in manufacturing activities and weak consumer sentiments are expected to affect the product demand in automotive applications.
The electronics & appliances application segment is anticipated to progress at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period. Polyurethane is used in the manufacturing of printed circuit boards, electronic housings, protective covers, and others. It offers lower unit costs and faster production while providing excellent general performance in electronic devices. Increasing importance for encapsulation of electronic components, such as circuits and sensors, is a major factor driving the product demand in electronics & appliances.
Polyurethane Market Report Highlights
- The global market was valued at USD 70.67 billion in 2020 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% from 2021 to 2028.
- In terms of revenue, rigid foam accounted for a prominent share in 2020 and is further expected to witness steady growth over the forecast period.
- The construction application segment dominated the global market and accounted for a revenue share of more than 26% in 2020.
- Asia Pacific accounted for more than 44% share of the global revenue. The robust manufacturing base of the automotive and electronics & appliances industries across China, India, South Korea, and Japan is anticipated to augment regional market growth in the near future.
- Various strategic initiatives were recorded over the past few years to boost the market growth.
- For instance, in January 2020, BASF SE announced a capacity expansion of its water-based PU dispersion by 30% located in Castellbisbal, Spain. This expansion will enable the company to cater to the growing product demand from the packaging, building & construction, and automotive industries.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology And Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Summary
Chapter 3 Polyurethane Market Variables, Trends, & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.2 Market Lineage Outlook
3.2.1 Global Plastics Market Outlook
3.2.2 Industrial Plastics Market Outlook
3.3 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3.1 New Market Avenues
3.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.5 Regulatory Framework
3.6 Technology Overview
3.7 Polyurethane Market Dynamics
3.7.1 Market Driver Analysis
184.108.40.206 High Demand For Building Insulation In Light Of Sustainability Concerns
220.127.116.11 Increasing Demand For Lightweight And High-Performance Composites From Automotive Industry
3.7.2 Market Restraint Analysis
18.104.22.168 Raw Material Price Volatility
22.214.171.124 Growing Environmental Concerns
3.8 Business Environment Analysis: Polyurethane Market
3.8.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.8.2 Pestel Analysis
Chapter 4 Polyurethane Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Market: Product Movement Analysis, 2019 & 2028
4.2 Rigid Foam
4.3 Flexible Foam
4.5 Adhesives & Sealants
Chapter 5 Polyurethane Market: Application Estimates & Analysis
5.1 Market: Application Movement Analysis
5.2 Furniture & Interior
5.4 Electronics & Appliances
Chapter 6 Polyurethane Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Market: Regional Movement Analysis & Market Share, 2019 & 2028
Chapter 7 Competitive Analysis
7.1 Key Global Players & Recent Developments And Their Impact On The Industry
7.2 Key Company/Competition Categorization
7.3 Vendor Landscape
7.3.1 List Of Key Distributors And Channel Partners
7.3.2 Key Potential Customers
7.4 Strategy Framework
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
- Dow Inc.
- BASF SE
- Covestro AG
- Huntsman International LLC
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Mitsui & Co. Plastics Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Recticel NV/SA
- DIC CORPORATION
- RTP Company
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- RAMPF Holding Gmbh & Co. KG
- Tosoh Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mr3dzo
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- Scientists Find Cause for Mysterious Covid-Related Iflammation in Children
- NFL Week 13: Steelers and Lions win thrillers while Teddy Bridgewater loses trust – NFL.com
- GAMING: CoD: Black Ops Cold Patch Notes Change Prestige And Leveling Ahead Of Vanguard Season 1
- Jewish businessman was cured of depression by reading the New Testament
- French Central Bank’s Blockchain Bond Trial Brings First Results
- GAMING: Keanu’s Glow-Up In Games Is Breathtaking
- Bitcoin Nears USD 60K, Ethereum and Altcoins Rise
- BUSINESS: Trump Media & Technology Group Corp., And Digital World Acquisition Corp. Announce $1 Billion “PIPE” Investment In Committed Capital To Fund Business
- RESEARCH – The Sun Vitamin That ‘D’elivers On Your Cardio Health
- Will Smith Claims He Once Considered Killing His Father To ‘avenge His Mother’ In A New Book – Fox News