Nintendo‘s Doug Bowser has given some insight into the Nintendo Switch-maker’s philosophy when it comes to new tech and suggests a Switch Pro may not be as close as we thought.
Speaking to The Washington Post, the Nintendo of America president reflected on how well the console has been received by the game-playing public as the hardware enters its fifth year on the market, and chatted about how the company looks forward when it comes to hardware.
“We are always looking at technology and how technology can enhance gameplay experiences. It’s not technology for technology’s sake,” Bowser said in the interview.
“It’s how specifically can technology enhance a gameplay experience. And then where do you apply that technology? Do you want to apply it on current existing hardware or platforms, or do you want to wait for the next platform? And then what’s the right gameplay experience with that? There’s a host of factors that goes into it, and it’s something we’re always looking at.”
We’ve been hearing reports about a new Switch model for a while now, with rumors about the hardware refresh kicking off as far back as 2018). Nintendo has remained refused to say anything about a potential model, though, and even now Bowser seems reticent to say whether there’s actually anything in the works.
Back in May, we saw a new report that suggests that the next Nintendo Switch model will begin production in July 2021, and see a retail release by September. Following those rumors, a New Nintendo Switch Pro listing was spotted on Amazon – though this could have just been a placeholder.
Recent reports line up nicely with previous suggestions that the new Switch model will use a 7-inch 720p rigid OLED panel – an improvement over the current Switch’s 6.2-inch LCD panel – and will be capable of providing 4K graphics when docked into a TV.
Nintendo has yet to make an announcement about any potential hardware.
Battlefield 2024 has already attracted millions of players after its full release on November 19, but the multiplayer-only Battlefield title has also received a large number of negative reviews on Steam, currently sporting a “mostly negative” review score on the platform. Fans have expressed disappointment with a buggy launch and lack of legacy features, but…
Seamus Blackley, the father of the Xbox who is now better known for baking ancient bread, has shared a message ahead of the 20th anniversary of Xbox.Posting on Twitter, Blackley said said the team who helped design and release the Xbox only are owed about 40% of the credit for the success of the console.…
Anyone having a problem getting a new graphics card, car, household appliance, or any other modern piece of tech won’t have much better luck any time soon. Speaking to Yahoo Finance, CEO Jensen Huang signaled that he expects the chip shortage to last well through 2022.”I think that through the next year,” Huang said, “demand…
SummaryPre-load early so you’re ready to play right when Call of Duty: Vanguard launches on November 5.Prepare to deploy in a globetrotting Campaign, experience signature Call of Duty combat in Multiplayer, and face the undead horde in Zombies.Get news on Shipment coming in November, plus a look at Season One and Caldera, the Call of…
Welcome to Next Week on Xbox! Here we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows PC as well as upcoming Xbox Game Pass and soon-to-be released [email protected] games! Get more details on these games below and click their profiles for pre-order details when available (release dates are…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- BUSINESS: First Watch Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
- Paris to Berlin in an hour by train? Here’s how it could happen.
- Kasual, a Craigslist Personals Alternative App offers enhanced safety features for casual dating
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Introducing Meta: A Social Technology Company
- Abuse Survivor Jordan Turpin On How Justin Bieber Inspired Her To Escape Her 'house Of Horror' – Yahoo Entertainment
- CANADA NEWS: Tyler Joe Miller, Canada’s next big country singer is the winner of SiriusXM’s Top of the Country award and $25,000
- TECH NEWS: ‘Creativity needs energy’: Why a TBWANEBOKO exec believes a return to the office will save agency culture
- BUSINESS: Creative Writing Experts Listed Among The Top 8 Creative Writing Businesses in Coastal Highway Lewes (Delaware)
- BUSINESS: Telaleaf Health Inc. Announces Partnership With Franjo Grotenhermen, M.D. To Deliver Expert-Led Virtual Medical Cannabis Care Across Germany
- Sports: Veteran MMA fighter Kyle Reyes dead at 30; Xtreme Couture and beyond mourns