Warner Bros. Games Montréal is hard at work on Gotham Knights, but this isn’t the only project they have in the works. According to a recent job advert, the team is hard at work on a third-person open world action game. As spotted by ResetEra, serial leaker James Sigfield has hinted that this project is likely to be a Superman game, while WB Games Montréal’s Creative Director has also been dropping a few subtle references to the superhero.
The team’s AAA new IP has been known about for quite a while thanks to a job listing that appeared a couple of months after the announcement of Gotham Knights. The new job listing is for a 3C Game Designer who will design playable characters for a third-person open world action game. While this could fit the premise of Gotham Knights, many feel it more likely to be the new AAA title. Sigfield has previously leaked the premise of Gotham Knights before the game was announced, as well as Rocksteady’s focus on Suicide Squad. This lends more weight to his hints that the new game will be a Superman title.
— James Sigfield (@Jsig212James) June 21, 2021
— James Sigfield (@Jsig212James) June 21, 2021
Sigfield has since been discussing the merits of a Superman game with fellow Twitter users, and several of his Tweets have been liked by WB Games Montréal’s Creative Director Patrick Redding. While this could all be a coincidence, especially as I’m not sure Superman could be described as a new IP, a Superman game is long overdue and the studio does have a history with the franchise. In terms of the games universe, Superman would technically be a “new IP” for the developer, just as the Batman Arkham series of games was a “new IP” despite Batman being established.
Superman’s last game was 2006’s Superman Returns that was loosely tied to the movie of the same name. While the hero has featured in many games since then and is scheduled to make an appearance in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, many feel 15 years is far too long. Rumors have suggested that this isn’t for want of trying; Warner Bros has reportedly canned two Superman games since 2013. One of these was supposedly in development at WB Games Montréal. Of course, there were also the rumors of a Superman title from Rocksteady. Whether these rumors ever get off the ground remains to be seen.
The best Fortnite Creative codes and maps prove that Epic seeks to become the one-stop shop for gamers’ wildest dreams. After humble beginnings, the developer has grown Fortnite Creative mode into its own massive piece of the Fortnite experience, and it continues to receive regular updates every month. While most players think of Fortnite as…
Seamus Blackley, the father of the Xbox who is now better known for baking ancient bread, has shared a message ahead of the 20th anniversary of Xbox.Posting on Twitter, Blackley said said the team who helped design and release the Xbox only are owed about 40% of the credit for the success of the console.…
Anyone having a problem getting a new graphics card, car, household appliance, or any other modern piece of tech won’t have much better luck any time soon. Speaking to Yahoo Finance, CEO Jensen Huang signaled that he expects the chip shortage to last well through 2022.”I think that through the next year,” Huang said, “demand…
SummaryPre-load early so you’re ready to play right when Call of Duty: Vanguard launches on November 5.Prepare to deploy in a globetrotting Campaign, experience signature Call of Duty combat in Multiplayer, and face the undead horde in Zombies.Get news on Shipment coming in November, plus a look at Season One and Caldera, the Call of…
Battlefield 2024 has already attracted millions of players after its full release on November 19, but the multiplayer-only Battlefield title has also received a large number of negative reviews on Steam, currently sporting a “mostly negative” review score on the platform. Fans have expressed disappointment with a buggy launch and lack of legacy features, but…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Introducing Meta: A Social Technology Company
- TECH NEWS: ‘Creativity needs energy’: Why a TBWANEBOKO exec believes a return to the office will save agency culture
- Kasual, a Craigslist Personals Alternative App offers enhanced safety features for casual dating
- Sports: Veteran MMA fighter Kyle Reyes dead at 30; Xtreme Couture and beyond mourns
- BUSINESS: Telaleaf Health Inc. Announces Partnership With Franjo Grotenhermen, M.D. To Deliver Expert-Led Virtual Medical Cannabis Care Across Germany
- Paris to Berlin in an hour by train? Here’s how it could happen.
- BUSINESS: Creative Writing Experts Listed Among The Top 8 Creative Writing Businesses in Coastal Highway Lewes (Delaware)
- BUSINESS: First Watch Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
- CANADA NEWS: Tyler Joe Miller, Canada’s next big country singer is the winner of SiriusXM’s Top of the Country award and $25,000
- Nocturnal dinosaurs: Night vision and superb hearing in a small theropod suggest it was a moonlight predator