In exchange for bribes, smuggle drugs, phones, and tobacco products into secure facilities
By Daniel Webster, dWeb.News
Tacoma – Today, a former guard at Green Hill School in Chehalis, Washington pleaded guilty to extortion. He took bribes for delivering illegal drugs and contraband into the secure facility. Julio W. Hayes (40) was fired as a staffer following an FBI investigation that found HAYES accepting bribes, smuggling drugs, and other contraband. U.S. District Judge Robert J. Bryan will sentence Hayes on October 1, 2021.
According to the case records, Hayes started working at Green Hill School as a guard in November 2018. Hayes received extensive training on his ethical obligations as an employee of Department of Children, Youth and Families. However, Hayes started accepting bribes from offenders, their families and friends in May 2019. Hayes was accused of smuggling marijuana, iPhones, vape pen and chewing tobacco into Green Hill School. Hayes received more than $11,000 in cash and electronic payments, including Cash App. He was fired in February 2020.
According to court documents, Hayes received orders from offenders via text messages and electronic payments about the type of contraband they wanted to bring to the facility. Hayes would decide the price and payment amount for his services. Hayes was stopped by law enforcement on his way to work on February 25, 2020. Hayes was found with marijuana packages for smuggling into the facility and three vape cartridges containing marijuana.
The maximum sentence for extortion under color of official right is 20 years imprisonment. After considering the U.S., Judge Bryan will decide the right sentence. The Sentencing Guidelines and other factors.
The FBI assisted the Chehalis Police Department (CPD) and the Joint Narcotics Enforcement Team in Lewis County with their investigation.
Justin Arnold and Michael Dion, Assistant United States Attorneys, are prosecuting the case.
Crunchbase and East-West Digital News are teaming up to cover key tech and venture trends from Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus, with a quarterly review by EWDN Chief Editor Adrien Henni highlighting the most notable industry facts and trends across the region. More than with tech innovations, Russia made the news this past summer by staging…
Last month Moscow-based Smart Driving Labs presented its concept of connected vehicle for urban public transport. The solution reportedly “involves the installation of telematics modules with a set of sensor equipment on buses and minibuses and connection via a cellular network to a cloud platform.” The system will allow public transport companies to collect real-time data on movement, speed, sharp…
ITALY NEWS: Photo Credit: Times Now New Delhi – Vincenzo De…
ITALY NEWS: Italian gas group Snam logo is seen outside…
SpaceX is preparing to launch NASA’s DART (Double Asteroid Redirect Test) mission onboard a Falcon 9 rocket. DART is a demonstration mission to determine the effects of an intentional impact on an asteroid. DART’s collision with the asteroid moon Dimorphos is set for October 2022. The launch of the small spacecraft from SLC-4E at Vandenberg…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- BUSINESS: Telaleaf Health Inc. Announces Partnership With Franjo Grotenhermen, M.D. To Deliver Expert-Led Virtual Medical Cannabis Care Across Germany
- CANADA NEWS: Tyler Joe Miller, Canada’s next big country singer is the winner of SiriusXM’s Top of the Country award and $25,000
- FRANCE NEWS: Nigeria-France: Prince Arthur Eze sold land to TotalEnergies, Anambra – The Africa Report
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Introducing Meta: A Social Technology Company
- Abuse Survivor Jordan Turpin On How Justin Bieber Inspired Her To Escape Her 'house Of Horror' – Yahoo Entertainment
- Paris to Berlin in an hour by train? Here’s how it could happen.
- BUSINESS: First Watch Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
- Kasual, a Craigslist Personals Alternative App offers enhanced safety features for casual dating
- TECH NEWS: ‘Creativity needs energy’: Why a TBWANEBOKO exec believes a return to the office will save agency culture
- BUSINESS: Creative Writing Experts Listed Among The Top 8 Creative Writing Businesses in Coastal Highway Lewes (Delaware)