A Florida man was arrested Friday by the Oath Keepers for his crimes in breaching the U.S. Capitol Jan. 6. This disrupted a joint session U.S. Congress, which was in the process to count and ascertain the electoral votes associated with the presidential election.
By Daniel Webster, dWeb.News
David Moerschel (43), of Punta Gorda is being charged with federal offenses including conspiracy and obstruction. The Oath Keepers is a loosely organized group of individuals that are some times affiliated with militias.
Court documents show that Moerschel and others participated in an operation to prevent the certification of the electoral vote on Jan. 6. They also coordinated with others beforehand, using social media and websites to recruit others before heading to Washington. Moerschel allegedly joined an invitation-only encrypted Signal messaging group called “OK FLDC OP Jan 6” and was a participant. Moerschel also attended GoToMeetings alongside Oath Keepers members, with session names like “ok florida,” and “florida DC op planning chat”, and “dc planning phone.”
Moerschel, along with Oath Keepers Kelly Meggs were captured walking towards the Capitol’s eastern facade at 2:27 p.m. Moerschel then joined a military-stack formation that moved up through the crowd to the Capitol’s east doors. Moerschel and other members of the stack were caught on surveillance video inside Capitol shortly after the Capitol’s east Rotunda doors were opened at 2:40 p.m.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia is prosecuting the case along with the Department of Justice National Security Division Counterterrorism Section. The U.S. Attorney’s Office of the Middle District of Florida provided valuable assistance.
The FBI’s Washington Field Office and Tampa Field Offices are investigating the case.
Since Jan. 6, over 535 people have been arrested in almost all 50 states on charges related to the breaching of the U.S. Capitol. This includes more than 165 individuals who were charged with hindering or assaulting law enforcement. The investigation is ongoing.
Tipsters can call 1-800-CALL FBI (800-225-2324) or visit tips.fbi.gov.
All allegations in any criminal indictment or complaint are allegations. The defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt in a court.
Crunchbase and East-West Digital News are teaming up to cover key tech and venture trends from Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus, with a quarterly review by EWDN Chief Editor Adrien Henni highlighting the most notable industry facts and trends across the region. More than with tech innovations, Russia made the news this past summer by staging…
Last month Moscow-based Smart Driving Labs presented its concept of connected vehicle for urban public transport. The solution reportedly “involves the installation of telematics modules with a set of sensor equipment on buses and minibuses and connection via a cellular network to a cloud platform.” The system will allow public transport companies to collect real-time data on movement, speed, sharp…
On October 17, Russia’s Team Spirit triumphantly lifted the Aegis of Champions. The team of five youngsters – the oldest of them only 23 years of age – looked somewhat out of place, dwarfed by Romania’s biggest stadium. The International 10 is no ordinary sporting event: it is the world championship for multiplayer online battle…
ITALY NEWS: Photo Credit: Times Now New Delhi – Vincenzo De…
ITALY NEWS: Italian gas group Snam logo is seen outside…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- FRANCE NEWS: Nigeria-France: Prince Arthur Eze sold land to TotalEnergies, Anambra – The Africa Report
- BUSINESS: First Watch Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
- BUSINESS: Creative Writing Experts Listed Among The Top 8 Creative Writing Businesses in Coastal Highway Lewes (Delaware)
- Nocturnal dinosaurs: Night vision and superb hearing in a small theropod suggest it was a moonlight predator
- TECH NEWS: ‘Creativity needs energy’: Why a TBWANEBOKO exec believes a return to the office will save agency culture
- Sports: Veteran MMA fighter Kyle Reyes dead at 30; Xtreme Couture and beyond mourns
- CANADA NEWS: Tyler Joe Miller, Canada’s next big country singer is the winner of SiriusXM’s Top of the Country award and $25,000
- Kasual, a Craigslist Personals Alternative App offers enhanced safety features for casual dating
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Introducing Meta: A Social Technology Company
- Paris to Berlin in an hour by train? Here’s how it could happen.