Bennie Ray Carpenter Jr., a 42 year-old man from Town Creek in Alabama was sentenced on Thursday, July 1, 2021 to 154 months imprisonment. On Friday, July 2, 2021 Bennie Ray Carpenter, Jr., a 42-year-old man from Town Creek, Alabama was sentenced to 154 months in prison. Hunter Lee McPherson (21 year old) was sentenced to 130 months.
By Daniel Webster, dWeb.News
Montgomery, Alabama – Today, Sandra J. Stewart, Acting U.S. attorney, announced that two men were sentenced to prison for their involvement in the robbery of two Lowndes County bank branches. Bennie Ray Carpenter Jr., a 42 year-old man from Town Creek in Alabama was sentenced on Thursday, July 1, 2021 to 154 months imprisonment. On Friday, July 2, 2021 Bennie Ray Carpenter, Jr., a 42-year-old man from Town Creek, Alabama was sentenced to 154 months in prison. Hunter Lee McPherson (21 year old) was sentenced to 130 months. They were both ordered to serve three years in supervised release once their sentences are over and to pay $9.918.00 in restitution for the banks. Federal parole is not available.
According to court records Carpenter entered BancorpSouth Bank in Hayneville on February 28, 2020 wearing black clothing including a ski mask, ski goggles and an AK-47 semiautomatic gun. Carpenter approached the counter, asking for money. The teller obliged and gave him cash out of the drawer. Carpenter left the bank and got in McPherson’s waiting vehicle. They drove off in great haste. Carpenter then robbed Fort Deposit’s First Citizens Bank, Alabama in a similar manner, using the same firearm. McPherson was again the getaway driver.
Law Enforcement examined the video surveillance from each bank and found that the suspects in both bank robberies were identical. They discovered that both bank robberies were carried out using stolen vehicles, and they were later burned.
A federal grand jury indicted Carpenter and McPherson on October 27, 2020. They were accused of robbing two banks and using a firearm to assist in the bank robberies. In March 2019, they pleaded guilty to all three charges.
This case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office and Crenshaw County Sheriff’s Office. The Butler County Sheriff’s Office and the Greenville Police Department also investigated. The case was prosecuted by Brandon Bates, Assistant United States Attorney.
Last month Moscow-based Smart Driving Labs presented its concept of connected vehicle for urban public transport. The solution reportedly “involves the installation of telematics modules with a set of sensor equipment on buses and minibuses and connection via a cellular network to a cloud platform.” The system will allow public transport companies to collect real-time data on movement, speed, sharp…
SpaceX is preparing to launch NASA’s DART (Double Asteroid Redirect Test) mission onboard a Falcon 9 rocket. DART is a demonstration mission to determine the effects of an intentional impact on an asteroid. DART’s collision with the asteroid moon Dimorphos is set for October 2022. The launch of the small spacecraft from SLC-4E at Vandenberg…
ITALY NEWS: Photo Credit: Times Now New Delhi – Vincenzo De…
ITALY NEWS: Italian gas group Snam logo is seen outside…
Sure enough, the Georgia/Tennessee border is in the wrong place.Information is easy to come by these days. If we want to contact someone, we call or text them. If we want to research something, we look it up on the internet. If we want to know our latitude and longitude, we buy a satellite navigation…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- Brooklyn Business Owner Charged with Bank Fraud, Identity Theft and Witness Tampering
- BUSINESS: NWEA, Center For Education Policy Research At Harvard University, And CALDER At The American Institutes For Research Announce New Initiative To Help Examine District COVID-19 Recovery Efforts
- FRONT PAGE: Magnus Medical Launches With Breakthrough Device Designation For Rapid, Individualized Treatment Of Major Depression And $25M In Series A Financing
- AFRICA NEWS: Zimbabwe: President to Commission Amarula Processing Plant
- Health: You Star Travis Van Winkle Shows Off His Body Transformation Ahead of Season 3
- RUSSIA NEWS: Russia imposes hospitality curfew to tackle spread of Covid
- Food Safety: Cubano sandwiches with Clostridium perfringens discovered in Alaska examination
- SOCIAL MEDIA: 2021 Founder’s Letter
- RECIPE: How To Use Leftover Pumpkin Puree
- ASIA NEWS: Major Arena Soccer League and SCCG Management Partner on Sports Betting for the MASL