A quiet Microsoft campus during the COVID-19 pandemic. (GeekWire File Photo / Todd Bishop)
Microsoft is giving employees $1,500 in bonus pay for weathering the “unique and challenging” circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to an internal company memo seen by The Verge on Thursday.
The Redmond, Wash.-based software giant said the one-time bonus will apply to eligible employees in the U.S. and internationally who are below corporate vice president level and started on or before March 31, 2021. The memo was written by Microsoft chief people officer Kathleen Hogan.
Microsoft has 175,508 total employees, including 101,277 in the U.S. and 57,651 in the Puget Sound area.
The Verge reported that LinkedIn, GitHub, and ZeniMax employees are not eligible for the bonus, despite the fact that Microsoft owns those three separate companies.
Amazon announced last year that it would pay $500 million in bonuses to frontline workers and delivery partners confronting risks and high demand during the pandemic. Facebook also gave $1,000 bonuses.
More Tech News at https://dweb.news
TORONTO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Facedrive Inc. (“Facedrive” or the “Company”) (TSXV:FD), (OTC:FDVRF), a Canadian “people-and-planet first” tech ecosystem, announces that Paul Zed will be retiring from the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Board”) effective October 30, 2021. “It has been a genuine pleasure to meet so many new people interested in technology and the emerging gig economy despite…
Who can you turn to for the lowdown on application transformation? Everyone is talking about the generational shift that is happening in the way applications are developed and delivered. There is a huge amount of hype in the market about containers and Kubernetes. You know that changes are happening and you need to understand how…
BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Early Black Friday NordVPN deals for 2021 are here. Compare the best discounts on annual VPN plans and password manager software. Links to the latest deals are listed below. Best NordVPN deals: Save up to 72% on NordVPN’s VPN plans at NordVPN.com – get a 2-year VPN plan from NordVPN for only $3.29 per…
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — On Tuesday, November 9, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) held a tabletop exercise with the Chevron Salt Lake Refinery and other state and local partners to test plans for responding to a potential emergency at the refinery. “CISA routinely partners with industry and government to plan and practice…
TECH NEWS: November 12, 2021 4: 40 PM Image Credit:…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- FRANCE NEWS: Nigeria-France: Prince Arthur Eze sold land to TotalEnergies, Anambra – The Africa Report
- BUSINESS: Creative Writing Experts Listed Among The Top 8 Creative Writing Businesses in Coastal Highway Lewes (Delaware)
- CANADA NEWS: Tyler Joe Miller, Canada’s next big country singer is the winner of SiriusXM’s Top of the Country award and $25,000
- Nocturnal dinosaurs: Night vision and superb hearing in a small theropod suggest it was a moonlight predator
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Introducing Meta: A Social Technology Company
- BUSINESS: First Watch Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
- Abuse Survivor Jordan Turpin On How Justin Bieber Inspired Her To Escape Her 'house Of Horror' – Yahoo Entertainment
- Sports: Veteran MMA fighter Kyle Reyes dead at 30; Xtreme Couture and beyond mourns
- TECH NEWS: ‘Creativity needs energy’: Why a TBWANEBOKO exec believes a return to the office will save agency culture
- BUSINESS: Telaleaf Health Inc. Announces Partnership With Franjo Grotenhermen, M.D. To Deliver Expert-Led Virtual Medical Cannabis Care Across Germany