Crider Foods, Stillmore, GA is recalling over half a million pounds canned beef with gravy products. These products may have unsafe levels of lead contamination due to a spice mixture from an outside supplier.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today that the 525,717 pounds of products were produced on Oct. 22, 2020, and March 15, 2021.
” The problem was discovered by routine surveillance sampling that was conducted by a partner state. Crider Foods and FSIS conducted in-plant verification activities to determine that the spice mix was from an outside source. This led to the recall notice being posted today.
There is concern that consumers may have unused portions of these products in their homes because of their long shelf life, which extends into 2023 in some cases.
Lead can be particularly dangerous for babies and children. It can also cause learning disabilities.
“Consumers that have purchased these products should not consume them. According to the recall notice, these products should be thrown out or returned to their place of purchase.
The following products can be recalled [view the labels here]:
- 12-oz. cans of “Hargis House ROAST BEEF AND GRAVY” with best buy dates of 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023.
- 12-oz. cans of “Clover Valley FULLY COOKED ROAST BEEF WITH GRAVY” with best buy dates of 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023.
- 12-oz. cans of “Kroger ROAST BEEF WITH GRAVY” with best buy dates of 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023.
- 12-oz. cans of “Hostess ROAST BEEF WITH GRAVY” with best buy dates of 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023.
- 12-oz. cans of “Laura Lynn roast beef WITH GRAVY” with best buy dates of 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023.
- 12-oz. cans of “ARMOUR Roast Beef WITH GRAVY” with best buy dates of 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023.
- 12-oz. cans of “HARVEST CREEK Roast Beef with Gravy” with best buy dates of 10/22/2022 and 3/15/2023.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 31812” on the can. These items were shipped nationwide to retail locations.
There have not been any reports of adverse reactions to these products.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here. )
More dWeb.News Food Safety News at https://dweb.news/news-sections/kitchen-recipes-food-drink-news/
ALISO VIEJO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), (OTCQX: BRCHF), a leading provider of ultra-low power high performance artificial intelligence technology, today announced that Chief Development Officer Anil Mankar will present “Intelligent Edge AI: The Future is Now” at the Linley Fall Processor Conference 2021 in the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Santa Clara, California, October…
WASHINGTON – As part of its mission to recruit diverse cybersecurity talent and build the workforce of the future, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has awarded $2 million to two innovative organizations for development of cyber workforce training programs. The NPower and CyberWarrior organizations, which received the awards, will focus on the unemployed…
The Moscow Metro on Friday rolled out what authorities have touted as the world’s first fare payment system based on facial recognition technology. The cashless, cardless and phone-less system, called ‘Face Pay,’ has been fitted at special turnstiles across the Russian capital’s more than 240 metro stations. “To enter the metro, passengers won’t need a…
Today, the President’s Commission on White House Fellows announced the appointment of the 2021-2022 class of White House Fellows, the most diverse class in the history of the program. The prestigious White House Fellowship program embeds professionals from diverse backgrounds for a year of working as a full-time, paid fellow for White House staff, Cabinet…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- Health: These New Hoka One Ones Are Perfect for Marathon Training
- Dunzo Is Building India’s Largest Quick Commerce Platform with Dunzo Daily
- BUSINESS: Moonbug Announces A New Character Meekah To Join Blippi Universe
- Front Page: US Seeks To Contain Beijing Anger After Biden Vows Taiwan Defense
- RESEARCH: 'Whoop' – New Autonomous Method Precisely Detects Endangered Whale Vocalizations
- Beeco Lab to Debut New Kitchen Composter Created for Every Home