by Daniel Webster, dWeb.News Publisher
GUANGZHOU, China–(BUSINESS WIRE)–XPeng Inc. (“XPeng” or the “Company”, NYSE: XPEV and HKEX: 9868), a leading Chinese smart electric vehicle (“Smart EV”) company, today announced the release of its inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance Report (the “ESG Report”), detailing the Company’s strategy and outstanding achievements in ESG performance.
As part of its commitment to ESG, XPeng has curated an innovative core concept of X-SEG (Smart, Efficient and Green) that guides the establishment and operations of its factories and underpins all major aspects of the Company’s business operations, from supply chain management and green manufacturing, to product safety management, eco-friendly operations and governance.
The Company is recognized for its leadership in ESG. For the second consecutive year, in 2021 XPeng received an “AA” rating from MSCI ESG Research, the highest MSCI ESG rating among automobile companies worldwide. Notably, MSCI ESG Research scored XPeng 10 and 9.1 in the categories of Product Carbon Footprint and the Opportunities in Clean Tech, two of the key areas that contributed to the ESG ratings. This is in comparison to industry averages of 7 and 5. Furthermore, as part of their scoring review, MSCI ESG Research highlighted XPeng’s financial and personnel commitment to advancing technology as a key driver in the Company’s ability to deliver long-term sustainability-focused innovation.
XPeng has been a pioneer in making Smart EVs more accessible to the masses. He Xiaopeng (Chairman & CEO of XPeng) stated that adhering to exemplary ESG standards is an integral part of our core values, culture, and every decision we make. As a global leader in Smart EVs and corporate citizen, He Xiaopeng, Chairman & CEO of XPeng, stated that he takes seriously his responsibility to lead the way in ESG. Through our efforts we aim to be a positive force in the development of future mobility and the betterment of societies around the world.”
Additional achievements highlighted in the ESG Report include:
- Significant progress on recycling and reducing emissions with innovative technologies
- Compared with internal combustion engine vehicles, XPeng’s Smart EVs delivered in 2020 reduced emissions by approximately 5,520 tons of CO2
- As of May 2021, XPeng achieved 100% recycling and reuse rate of recyclable solid waste
- As of March 31, 2021, XPeng had 759 patents and 504 registered trademarks in China and other jurisdictions
- Record level safety performance with superior product quality and technology
- XPeng P7 became the first to receive the 5-Star rating from the Chinese i-VISTA intelligent vehicle testing platform
- XPeng G3 and P7 received 5-Star rating with scores of 92.2% and 89.4% respectively in the C-NCAP Crash and Safety Test
- In 2020, XPeng reported no work-related fatalities or lost time due to work-place injuries
- Continued commitment to fostering an open and inclusive culture to attract and retain talents
- Contribution to disaster relief, poverty alleviation and subsidy of agriculture
- Sound governance structure and protocols to ensure compliance at all levels of the Company
For more information on MSCI ESG ratings, click here.
About XPeng Inc.
XPeng is a leading Chinese smart electric vehicle company that designs, develops, manufactures, and markets Smart EVs that appeal to the large and growing base of technology-savvy middle-class consumers in China. Its mission is to transform Smart EVs with technology and data. This will shape the future mobility experience. In order to optimize its customers’ mobility experience, XPeng develops in-house its full-stack autonomous driving technology and in-car intelligent operating system, as well as core vehicle systems including powertrain and the electrification/electronic architecture. XPeng’s headquarters is in Guangzhou in China. It also has offices in San Diego, San Diego, Shanghai and Beijing. Smart EVs manufactured by the Company are made at its Zhaoqing plant, Guangdong provincial. For more information, please visit https://en.xiaopeng.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This announcement contains forward-looking statements. These statements are made under the “safe harbor” provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are identified using terminology such as “will”, “expects,” and “anticipates,” future,” future,” in “safe harbor” provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 92. Forward-looking statements include statements that are not historical facts and statements regarding XPeng’s beliefs or expectations. Forward-looking statements are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties. There are many factors that could cause actual results not to be as expected. These include XPeng’s goals and strategies, XPeng’s expansion plans, XPeng’s future business development, financial situation and results of operations. XPeng’s expectations regarding the demand for its products and services and XPeng’s expectations regarding its relationships and with customers, contract manufacturer, suppliers, third party service providers, strategic partners, and other stakeholders. Additional information about these and other risks can be found in XPeng’s filings with SEC. This press release contains only current information as of the date it was issued. XPeng is not obligated to make any changes to any forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
More dWeb.News Business News at https://dweb.news/news-sections/business-news/
ALISO VIEJO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), (OTCQX: BRCHF), a leading provider of ultra-low power high performance artificial intelligence technology, today announced that Chief Development Officer Anil Mankar will present “Intelligent Edge AI: The Future is Now” at the Linley Fall Processor Conference 2021 in the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Santa Clara, California, October…
Artificial intelligence (AI), which has seen rapid growth over the past few years, is mainly due to the development of deep neural networks and artificial intelligence computing technology. Experts believe that there will come a time when artificial intelligence will exceed human intelligence, or be able to do many tasks better than humans.
WASHINGTON – As part of its mission to recruit diverse cybersecurity talent and build the workforce of the future, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has awarded $2 million to two innovative organizations for development of cyber workforce training programs. The NPower and CyberWarrior organizations, which received the awards, will focus on the unemployed…
Russian online bank Tinkoff has launched an e-commerce venture. The new platform, a constellation of services and tools designed to help entrepreneurs handle and boost their online sales, will cater to a rapidly expanding online economy in Russia, as well as to clients hoping to grow their international presence. Tinkoff has hired Ilya Kretov, formerly…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- HEALTH NEWS: Eco-Rooted Lawsuits Target Needle Exchanges. This will be stopped by a new California law.
- HEALTH NEWS: Major Insurers Are Running Billions of Dollars Behind in Payments to Doctors and Hospitals
- Top 10 Killer Magento SEO Tips for Your E-Commerce Website
- FRONT PAGES: A Potential New Treatment For Inflammatory Arthritis
- ISRAEL NEWS: Austrian leader said to cancel Israel visit amid corruption allegations
- RUSSIA NEWS: Taliban welcomes Russia’s plans to remove them form the terrorist list