Forty shipping containers fell off the Zim Kingston when it came across rough seas 70 kilometres west of the Juan de Fuca Strait.
The Canada Coast Guard is warning marine travellers of several shipping containers floating near the entrance to the Juan de Fuca Strait.
Forty containers fell overboard off the Zim Kingston when it came across rough seas 70 kilometres west of the strait. According to the United States Coast Guard’s tweet, a helicopter was sent to search for the containers. Eight of them were found and are being followed as they move north.
The Canadian Coast Guard said it was working with the USCG in order to monitor the situation and assess whether there are any risks of contamination or other hazards.
Both coast guards have sent broadcasts to ships that may be in the area.
The Zim Kingston, bound to Vancouver, was safely ananchored near Victoria.
The last time several containers fell off a ship near B.C., was in November 2016, when 35 empty containers fell off the side of a cargo ship. Some debris washed up on beaches near Tofino several days later.
The Canada Coast Guard has said that some containers may sink.
#BreakingNews Coast Guard crews are monitoring several adrift shipping containers 43 miles west of the Straits of Juan de Fuca entrance. A vessel inbound lost approximately. 40 containers when the ship listed to its side due to rough seas. Keep checking back for more updates. pic.twitter.com/GInKf8M0sB
In the role of Judas in the traveling Broadway show “Jesus Christ Superstar,” James Beeks’s onstage career was about to take off. Beeks, whose stage name is James T. Justis, was lauded for his role as the disciple who betrayed Jesus.But it was his side job as a Michael Jackson impersonator that unintentionally brought about…
(CNN)A pair of payments the Republican National Committee made to a law firm representing former President Donald Trump is raising questions among former and current GOP officials about the party’s priorities in a critical election year and its ability to remain neutral — as long-standing RNC rules require — in the 2024 presidential primary. The…
(CNN)About two-thirds of the country should be truly thankful for the weather this holiday season as Thanksgiving travel picks back up to pre-pandemic levels. “A relatively tranquil stretch of weather persists in the final days leading up to Thanksgiving,” says the Weather Prediction Center (WPC). It only takes a run-of-the mill rain shower or wind…
There’s a lot of news each day. Illini Inquirer will try to make it easier to digest each weekday morning with the Daily Digest. Today, get up to speed on a five-star 2023 visitor for Illinois football, an international 2022 prospect visiting Illini football, Illinois basketball’s big response after disappointing losses, James Franklin’s contract extension…
6:30 AM ETESPN staffRivalry Week is here!And while most of what makes this week great is the history, passion and petty in-fighting built over the past century, this year’s games also have plenty at stake on the field, too.Whether it’s fighting for a New Year’s Six bowl, a spot in a conference championship game or…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- ASIA NEWS: Opportunities for carbon reduction and Broad Homes’ potential growth
- Glitzkoin GTN Records 500% ROI, Announces Bounty Programme
- FOOD SAFETY: USDA issues a public alert about salame sticks linked to Salmonella outbreak
- BUSINESS: ForFarmers N.V.: ForFarmers Decides To Start Share-Buyback Programme
- FRONT PAGES: Will F1 Racing Mark Saudi Arabia’s End To Alcohol Prohibition? – The Economist
- ASIA NEWS: The Hong Kong Institute of Directors hosts an Annual Dinner and Presentation Ceremony to Present the Directors of The Year Awards
- ISRAEL NEWS: A new study shows Arab teens are more suspicious of Jews than ever
- BRAZIL NEWS: Guns N’ Roses Announced for Rock in Rio Brasil 2022
- ISRAEL NEWS: Israel to share military tech, systems with Philippines
- CRIME: Two Arrested In Los Angeles For Their Roles In Hospice Fraud Conspiracy