RELIGION: This Wednesday (17), Rupert Murdoch, majority of News Corporation, which belongs to Fox News, criticized the digital giants Google and Facebook, during a speech at the annual meeting of shareholders of the corporation.
Murdoch accused the big techs of silencing conservative voices and manipulating the digital advertising market in favor of publishers, advertisers and the public.
The businessman explained to shareholders that a quick Google search revealed a pattern of selectivity or censorship.
“Both questions highlight the fundamental need for algorithmic transparency. The idea falsely promoted by platforms that algorithms are somehow objective and merely scientific is complete nonsense. Algorithms are subjective and can be manipulated by people to eliminate competition and harm other people, publishers and companies,” he declared.
For him, the practices of Facebook and Google reinforce the need for reform. Weeks earlier, former Facebook product manager Frances Haugen testified in the US Senate and asked for regulation by the company to reduce harm to society.
Though conservative, Murdoch, 90, also criticized former President Donald Trump, saying he needs to stop focusing on the past and focus on the future.
In the role of Judas in the traveling Broadway show “Jesus Christ Superstar,” James Beeks’s onstage career was about to take off. Beeks, whose stage name is James T. Justis, was lauded for his role as the disciple who betrayed Jesus.But it was his side job as a Michael Jackson impersonator that unintentionally brought about…
(CNN)A pair of payments the Republican National Committee made to a law firm representing former President Donald Trump is raising questions among former and current GOP officials about the party’s priorities in a critical election year and its ability to remain neutral — as long-standing RNC rules require — in the 2024 presidential primary. The…
(CNN)About two-thirds of the country should be truly thankful for the weather this holiday season as Thanksgiving travel picks back up to pre-pandemic levels. “A relatively tranquil stretch of weather persists in the final days leading up to Thanksgiving,” says the Weather Prediction Center (WPC). It only takes a run-of-the mill rain shower or wind…
There’s a lot of news each day. Illini Inquirer will try to make it easier to digest each weekday morning with the Daily Digest. Today, get up to speed on a five-star 2023 visitor for Illinois football, an international 2022 prospect visiting Illini football, Illinois basketball’s big response after disappointing losses, James Franklin’s contract extension…
6:30 AM ETESPN staffRivalry Week is here!And while most of what makes this week great is the history, passion and petty in-fighting built over the past century, this year’s games also have plenty at stake on the field, too.Whether it’s fighting for a New Year’s Six bowl, a spot in a conference championship game or…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- FRONT PAGES: Will F1 Racing Mark Saudi Arabia’s End To Alcohol Prohibition? – The Economist
- WHITE HOUSE NEWS: President Biden Announces Key Nominations
- UFC NEWS: Referee Vyacheslav Kiselev Removed From UFC 267 Event After Questionable Officiating – ESPN
- ISRAEL NEWS: A new study shows Arab teens are more suspicious of Jews than ever
- BRAZIL NEWS: Guns N’ Roses Announced for Rock in Rio Brasil 2022
- Glitzkoin GTN Records 500% ROI, Announces Bounty Programme
- ASIA NEWS: Opportunities for carbon reduction and Broad Homes’ potential growth
- FOOD SAFETY: USDA issues a public alert about salame sticks linked to Salmonella outbreak
- BUSINESS: ForFarmers N.V.: ForFarmers Decides To Start Share-Buyback Programme
- ISRAEL NEWS: Israel to share military tech, systems with Philippines