by Daniel Webster, dWeb.News Publisher
OTTAWA, Nov. 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Canadian Museum is proud to announce the winners of its national Nature Inspiration Awards for 2021, which were presented during a virtual ceremony this evening. These annual awards are now in their eighth season. They recognize individuals, businesses and not-for profit organizations that demonstrate leadership, innovation, and creative approaches to sustainability.
The 2021 winners include:
- Lisa Mintz, a community organizer from Montreal, Quebec, for advocacy in spearheading conservation and protection of urban greenspaces;
- Autumn Peltier, a teen in Ottawa, Ontario, for activism about access to clean water in First Nations communities;
- SmartICE, based in St. John’s, Newfoundland, for integrating traditional knowledge with technology in Arctic communities to monitor changes in sea-ice;
- The Canadian Wildlife Federation, in Ottawa, for its national Wild Outside program that motivates youth to connect with nature in urban communities;
- Sustainable clothing manufacturer and retailer tentree, in Vancouver, British Columbia, for its innovative approach to incorporating the planting of trees into its business model;
- The Kingfisher Interpretive Centre Society, in Enderby, British Columbia, for its volunteer-led educational programs about salmon conservation; and
- Ken Jewett, from the rural community of Mulmur, Ontario, for philanthropy and nature advocacy towards the revival of native Canadian maples.
The 2021 awards covered seven categories: Youth (aged 17 and younger), Adult, Not-for-Profit (small to medium), Not-for-Profit (large), Sustainable Business, Community Action and Lifetime Achievement. “At a time where we are facing the impacts of the pandemic as well as wider challenges to biodiversity protection, it’s inspiring and motivating to recognize these incredible individuals and groups,” Meg Beckel (President and CEO of Canadian Museum of Nature) said. “Whether the impacts of their efforts are local, regional or national, all of their innovative projects provide hope in guiding us towards a sustainable future.”
Videos about each of the 2021 recipients can be viewed at nature.ca/awards.
A jury chose the winners from among the many applications. They then narrowed down the list to a few finalists. Winners receive $5,000 that they can “pay forward” to a nature-related program of their choice.
The 2021 awards were supported by presenting sponsor, Facebook; media partners The Globe and Mail and the Walrus; and category sponsors: the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (Youth); BDO Canada LLP (Adult); Ontario Power Generation (Not-for-Profit, small to medium); Polar Knowledge Canada (Not-for-Profit, large); Nasco Building Cleaning Inc. (Community Action) and The Mosaic Company (Sustainable Business).
About the Canadian Museum of Nature:
Saving the world though evidence, knowledge and inspiration! Canada’s national museum of natural science and history is the Canadian Museum of Nature. It provides engaging experiences, evidence-based insights and meaningful engagement with nature’s present, past, and future. It achieves this through scientific research, a 14.6-million specimen collection, education programs, signature and travelling exhibitions, and a dynamic web site, nature.ca. Follow the museum at Twitter (@museumofnature), facebook.com/Canadianmuseumofnature.
and Instagram (museumofnature).
Information for media:
Head, Media Relations
Canadian Museum of Nature
For more dWeb.News Business News: https://dweb.news/news-sections/business-news/
BUFFALO, N.Y., and BELMONT PARK, N.Y., Nov. 4, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — UBS Arena, the metropolitan area’s most anticipated live entertainment venue and future home of the New York Islanders Hockey Club, will boast a distinctively “New York” flavor when it opens its doors later this month. Global hospitality company Delaware North has partnered with an array…
With immediate effect, STEYR tractors are available with VF TractorMaster and TractorMaster. STEYR tractor series Expert CVT, Profi Series, Impuls CVT and Absolut CVT can be ordered with Continental agricultural tires STEYR is another brand of the parent company CNH Industrial with Continental tires (PRESS RELEASE) HANOVER, 11-Nov-2021 — /EuropaWire/ — Continental (ETR: CON), a…
It takes plenty of courage to take the first step in entrepreneurship, especially when you have to leave the comfort zone of a secure job and assured monthly income.Kiran Dham was just 24 when she started a business along with her husband Ashish Dham and got into selling of projectors.Kiran Dham, along with her husband…
MONTERREY, Mexico–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mary Kay Inc. kondigt met trots de sponsoring aan van een project ter verbetering van de waterveiligheid in Monterrey in samenwerking met The Nature Conservancy. Het project, geleid door een groep vrouwelijke ondernemers, richt zich op het herstel van lokale boomsoorten in de omliggende gebieden van de stad Monterrey om de ecosysteemdiensten in…
ANTWERPEN, België, 15 november 2021 /PRNewswire/ — AQUAFIN NV (“Aquafin”) en DOCKWATER BV (“Dockwater”) hebben een Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) afgesloten om te onderzoeken hoe gezuiverd afvalwater kan worden gebruikt in de geplande ontziltingsinstallatie van Dockwater in de haven van Antwerpen. Die installatie zou op die manier zowel afvalwater als brak water uit de havendokken…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- Abuse Survivor Jordan Turpin On How Justin Bieber Inspired Her To Escape Her 'house Of Horror' – Yahoo Entertainment
- Paris to Berlin in an hour by train? Here’s how it could happen.
- CANADA NEWS: Tyler Joe Miller, Canada’s next big country singer is the winner of SiriusXM’s Top of the Country award and $25,000
- Nocturnal dinosaurs: Night vision and superb hearing in a small theropod suggest it was a moonlight predator
- BUSINESS: Telaleaf Health Inc. Announces Partnership With Franjo Grotenhermen, M.D. To Deliver Expert-Led Virtual Medical Cannabis Care Across Germany
- BUSINESS: First Watch Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
- BUSINESS: Creative Writing Experts Listed Among The Top 8 Creative Writing Businesses in Coastal Highway Lewes (Delaware)
- TECH NEWS: ‘Creativity needs energy’: Why a TBWANEBOKO exec believes a return to the office will save agency culture
- Kasual, a Craigslist Personals Alternative App offers enhanced safety features for casual dating
- Sports: Veteran MMA fighter Kyle Reyes dead at 30; Xtreme Couture and beyond mourns