SAUDI ARABIA NEWS:
2 min read
Senior Saudi government officials reportedly called their counterparts in Abu Dhabi and demanded clarification
The Saudi Arabian government is putting heavy pressure on the United Arab Emirates to cancel the solar power for water deal signed by Israel and Jordan in Dubai, Israeli media reported Wednesday.
Israeli officials stated that when Saudis saw the publication, they were surprised as the UAE and Jordan did not update them in advance on the matter, according to Walla.
Last weekend, senior Saudi government officials reportedly called their counterparts in Abu Dhabi and demanded clarification, also urging the Emirates to withdraw from the agreement. They offered an alternative deal in which Saudi Arabia will replace Israel in the project, Walla reported.
The officials stated the UAE did not like the pressure, updating those involved in the deal on what happened.
The Emirates did not want to cancel the agreement, but sought to soften the wording to appear less binding. Israeli officials told Walla Israel did not object because the changes did not change the agreement.
Israel’s Energy Minister Karin Elharrar declined to comment when asked by Walla, but did not deny it. Officials from the UAE also declined to comment.
In the role of Judas in the traveling Broadway show “Jesus Christ Superstar,” James Beeks’s onstage career was about to take off. Beeks, whose stage name is James T. Justis, was lauded for his role as the disciple who betrayed Jesus.But it was his side job as a Michael Jackson impersonator that unintentionally brought about…
(CNN)A pair of payments the Republican National Committee made to a law firm representing former President Donald Trump is raising questions among former and current GOP officials about the party’s priorities in a critical election year and its ability to remain neutral — as long-standing RNC rules require — in the 2024 presidential primary. The…
(CNN)About two-thirds of the country should be truly thankful for the weather this holiday season as Thanksgiving travel picks back up to pre-pandemic levels. “A relatively tranquil stretch of weather persists in the final days leading up to Thanksgiving,” says the Weather Prediction Center (WPC). It only takes a run-of-the mill rain shower or wind…
Brian Laundrie shot himself in head, family attorney confirmsGabby Petito’s fiance, Brian Laundrie, shot himself in the head, autopsy results show.Laundrie had been the subject of a manhunt for more than a month as investigators searched for clues in the death of Ms Petito during their cross-country van trip together.The Laundrie family’s lawyer Steven Bertolino…
(CNN)The Supreme Court said Wednesday that it will hear a case brought by Republican legislators in North Carolina who are seeking to defend the state’s strict voter ID law because they think the Democratic state attorney general is not adequately representing their interests.North Carolina Senate Bill 824 requires a photo ID to vote. It was…
Most Popular Articles on dWeb.News
- WHITE HOUSE NEWS: President Biden Announces Key Nominations
- ASIA NEWS: The Hong Kong Institute of Directors hosts an Annual Dinner and Presentation Ceremony to Present the Directors of The Year Awards
- CRIME: Two Arrested In Los Angeles For Their Roles In Hospice Fraud Conspiracy
- ISRAEL NEWS: A new study shows Arab teens are more suspicious of Jews than ever
- ASIA NEWS: Opportunities for carbon reduction and Broad Homes’ potential growth
- CRIME: Louisiana Marketer Sentenced For More Than $180 Million In Health Care Fraud Scheme
- Glitzkoin GTN Records 500% ROI, Announces Bounty Programme
- FRONT PAGES: Will F1 Racing Mark Saudi Arabia’s End To Alcohol Prohibition? – The Economist
- UFC NEWS: Referee Vyacheslav Kiselev Removed From UFC 267 Event After Questionable Officiating – ESPN
- BRAZIL NEWS: Guns N’ Roses Announced for Rock in Rio Brasil 2022